National
Son allegedly hacks mother to death in Ondo

The Ondo State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of a man, Samuel Akoade, for allegedly hacking his mother, Olufunke Akoade, to death in Ore, headquarters of Odigbo Local Government Area of the state.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abayomi Jimoh, confirmed the tragic incident and arrest in a statement released on Monday.
According to the statement, the incident occurred on Sunday at about 5pm in the Powerline area of the community.
It was gathered that the suspect allegedly attacked his mother with a machete, inflicting deep injuries that resulted in her death.
“The incident occurred on Sunday, 16th August 2026, when the command received a report that the deceased was found lying in a pool of blood at her residence.
“Preliminary information revealed that the victim had sustained deep machete cuts and was already dead when she was discovered.
“Following the report, police operatives from Ore Division immediately mobilised to the scene, secured the area and commenced preliminary investigation.
“A machete suspected to have been used in the attack was recovered, while the scene was photographed and documented.
“The suspected assailant, initially identified simply as Samuel, was reported to have fled the scene before the arrival of the police.
“However, following sustained efforts by the operatives, Samuel Akoade was subsequently arrested and taken into police custody,” Jimoh stated.
He said the remains of the deceased had been deposited at a mortuary, while the suspect remained in custody.
He added that the case had been transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department in Akure for further investigation.
Jimoh said, “The Commissioner of Police, Ondo State Command, CP Felix Ohagwu, has directed that the investigation be conducted thoroughly and professionally to establish the circumstances surrounding the killing and ensure that anyone found culpable is brought to justice.”
The PPRO reassured residents of the command’s commitment to protecting lives and property and urged members of the public to provide timely and useful information to the police, particularly on suspicious activities in their communities.

Investigation3 days agoKebbi man arrested over alleged ritual desecration of Qurâan after burying it in pit with sâ¬men to make woman more submissive to her husband
Society2 days agoNationwide Queues At KFC Outlets As Ghanaians Rush For GH¢15 Anniversary Promo
Society2 days agoMan Buys 42 Packs Of KFC’s GH¢15 Anniversary Deal At Sakumono Branch
Society2 days agoMan Travels From Volta Region With “Ghana Must Go” Bag To Stock Up On KFC’s GH¢15 Promo
- Investigation2 days ago
Man alleged to be a lecturer is str!pped and b£@ten by Unizik students after a female student alleged that he molâ¬sted
Investigation2 days agoBillionaire Joseph Ezeokafor, father of socialite Jowizaza, regains freedom from the kidnappersâ den
Investigation2 days agoâHilda Baci and Dapper are no longer togetherâ â Lawyer reacts after Seyi Vibez drags celebrity chef into music label drama
Investigation3 days agoActress Temitope Osobaâs burial postponed indefinitely














