Investigation
âMy dream was to play for Real Madridâ – Footballer, Bernardo Silva says during unveiling as Real Madrid player


Footballer, Bernardo Silva was officially presented as a Real Madrid player on Wednesday, more than a month after the club announced his signing.
The 32-year-old appeared alongside club president Florentino Pérez at the presentation, with honorary president Pirri and members of Bernardoâs family also in attendance. The Portuguese midfielder has signed a contract with Real Madrid through 2028.
Bernardo has already spent several weeks working with his new teammates and featured during preseason, but Wednesday gave him his first opportunity to speak at length about joining the club.
âSince I was little, when you donât know if youâre going to be a player, your dream is to play for Real Madrid. Iâm very happy to be here,â Bernardo said during his presentation.
The former Manchester City midfielder is already very familiar with the Santiago Bernabéu from his years competing against Real Madrid in the Champions League. Bernardo faced Madrid on several occasions during his time in England, including a number of high-profile knockout ties.
This time, however, he was able to experience the clubâs European history from the perspective of a Real Madrid player.
âIâve played here several times already, and seeing the 15 Champions League trophies is always impressive, but seeing them here as a player is even more special. Playing for a club like this isnât for everyone.â
Bernardo also spoke about the feeling of arriving at Real Madrid and experiencing the scale of the club from inside.
âWhen youâre in this room, you realize how big Real Madrid is. I already knew it, but here you feel it firsthand.â
He finished his remarks with a message for Madridistas and made clear that his focus now turns toward adding more silverware to the clubâs collection.
âIâm very happy to be here and to soon be playing at the Bernabéu and meeting the fans. Now itâs time to work hard to keep winning titles, which is what this club is used to.â
The presentation formalizes an arrival that has already begun to take shape on the pitch. Bernardo featured in three preseason matches for Real Madrid, accumulating 192 minutes as José Mourinho experimented with how best to use the Portuguese international.
Rather than operating primarily from the right wing, where he spent significant stretches earlier in his career, Bernardo has been used both centrally and further forward in midfield. His ability to play multiple roles gives Mourinho another technical option between the lines and a player capable of helping Madrid control possession in midfield.
Durability has also been one of Bernardoâs strengths. He missed only 11 matches through injury during his nine seasons in England, an encouraging record for a Real Madrid squad that dealt with 54 injuries last season.
Bernardo has already made his competitive Madrid debut, featuring against Ferencváros in a 2-1 victory.
He leaves Manchester City after one of the most successful periods in the English clubâs history. Bernardo made 460 appearances during his nine years in Manchester, scoring 76 goals and providing 77 assists. His trophy haul included six Premier League titles and the 2022-23 Champions League, the first European Cup in Manchester Cityâs history.

News1 day agoLagos Manager in Court Over Alleged ₦6.1m Warehouse Theft
National3 days agoVehicles: Lagos prohibits daily use of dealer plates
- Investigation2 days ago
Sad! Veteran Nollywood actor, Taiwo Hassan âOgogoâ battling stage 4 cancer
National3 days agoKebbi 2027: Governor replaces deputy as running mate
Politics3 days agoCameroon win first WAFCON title
Politics3 days agoAAU, Ekpoma Alumni protest election outcome
News3 days agoMany feared dead as gunmen attack Plateau community
Investigation3 days agoDavido slams APC youth leader, Dayo Israel, who attributed Osun govâs election to the singerâs impact













