Investigation
Prince Harry, Elton John, and others told to pay £9,500,000 to Daily Mail


Prince Harry, along with six others, has been ordered to pay more than £9.5million to the Daily Mailâs publisher.
It marks the first round of legal costs following their failed High Court case.
The high-profile figures, also including Baroness Doreen Lawrence and Sir Elton John, sued Associated Newspapers Limited (ANL) over allegations of unlawful information-gathering.
ANL strongly denied the claims, which were heard at an 11-week trial in London earlier this year.
Judge Mr Justice Nicklin dismissed all the cases in a ruling on July 7.
The cases returned to the High Court for a two-day hearing on costs, during which the court was told ANLâs total costs exceeded £34m.
In a judgment today, August 21, Mr Justice Nicklin ruled the group of seven must pay £9,544,355 by August 28 as an initial contribution to the publisherâs costs ahead of further hearings to determine the total sum.
He said: “The claimants and their advisers have been on notice, since the hearing, that this would be the date for payment on account.”
Mr Justice Nicklin also ruled that ANLâs costs should be determined on an indemnity basis, which is more favourable to the publisher in terms of the amount it can recover, aside from where orders had already been made.
ANL, which also publishes the Mail on Sunday, had asked for more than £9.9m as an interim payment, while lawyers for the claimants, which also includes David Furnish, Sadie Frost, Liz Hurley, and Sir Simon Hughes, said the interim payment should be just over £7.9m.
The judgment comes after Wednesdayâs news that the Duke of Sussex and his wife, Meghan Markle, will be returning to the UK for an “extended period”.

News2 days agoOyedele Reveals How Reforms Generated ₦15.8tn for Nigeria
- Investigation2 days ago
MC Oluomo is the only married man I have dated. I do not snatch peoplesâ husband – Interior Designer, Ehi Ogbebor (video)
News2 days agoLagos Declares Thursday Holiday for Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Day Celebration
Investigation2 days agoIâve gone through a lot with this woman – Ugandan man speaks from hospital bed after his allegedly wife poured hot water on him during midnight domestic dispute (video)
- Investigation2 days ago
Poco Leeâs r@pe case, I can tell you 100% he didnât do anything. Such allegation has happened to me – Singer, Mr Real
Investigation1 day agoNorth Koreaâs leader, Kim Jong-unâs sister denies knowledge of talks with Trump
- Investigation1 day ago
Moment Asherkine drove off with a tout clinging to his car while begging him for money
Politics3 days agoSouth-South Badminton championship: Enabulele Receives Athletes












