Investigation
US court grants FBI request to review Tinubu files in private


A US Court has taken a new step in the long-running Freedom of Information Act, FOIA, case seeking the release of alleged drug-trafficking records linked to President Bola Tinubu.
In an update posted on X, a Washington-based lobbying firm, Von Batten-Montague-York, L.C. said it had been informed that Judge Beryl Howell of the US District Court for the District of Columbia on Friday, August 21 granted the FBI permission to submit the documents to the court privately, for in-camera review.
The firm said the judge has given the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration, DEA, the Department of Justice, DOJ, and President Tinubu until August 28, 2026, and no later, to file their opposition to the release of the records.
The firm described the ‘and no later’ language as a sign that the court has reached its limit.
The firm added that the FBI would now have to convince the court why the documents should not be released, including through its private submission of the sensitive material for judicial review.
According to the firm, the FBI had acknowledged possessing highly sensitive information related to allegations of drug trafficking involving Tinubu.

It argued that the FBI’s request for the court to review the documents privately indicated that the material contained information the agency considered particularly sensitive.
The firm also alleged that the records could involve information concerning criminal informants and claimed that the development contradicted previous characterizations of the matter as being solely related to civil forfeiture.
“We have now been informed that US Court’s Judge Howell this morning granted the FBI permission to provide the court with the documents in private.
“This has not yet been published on the court docket as of this evening, and the claim is based solely on the law firm’s X post,” the post read.

News3 days agoOyedele Reveals How Reforms Generated ₦15.8tn for Nigeria
- Investigation2 days ago
MC Oluomo is the only married man I have dated. I do not snatch peoplesâ husband – Interior Designer, Ehi Ogbebor (video)
News3 days agoLagos Declares Thursday Holiday for Ìṣẹ̀ṣe Day Celebration
Investigation2 days agoIâve gone through a lot with this woman – Ugandan man speaks from hospital bed after his allegedly wife poured hot water on him during midnight domestic dispute (video)
- Investigation2 days ago
Poco Leeâs r@pe case, I can tell you 100% he didnât do anything. Such allegation has happened to me – Singer, Mr Real
Investigation1 day agoNorth Koreaâs leader, Kim Jong-unâs sister denies knowledge of talks with Trump
- Investigation2 days ago
Moment Asherkine drove off with a tout clinging to his car while begging him for money
Investigation3 days agoIâve seen the highs and the lows – Comedian AY Makun celebrates his 55th birthday











